Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday 2011

A colleague of my father's has just decided to publish a controversial scientific article after he found out he was diagnosed with cancer. Now he is getting the heat and the usual bashing from NASA etc. because it is about life on comets or extraterrestrial life, which apparently really freaks out traditional Evolutionists and Creationists.
This came out a couple days ago around the same time someone introduced us to the book "Heaven is for real" by Todd Burpo and is about his 4 year old son experiencing heaven in a near-death situation with a ruptured appendix and severe infection. I am so glad that G-d doesn't just favor the Muslims or Romanian prisoners like Pastor Richard Wurmbrand with visions of Jesus and heaven. All these things are so exciting and familiar and foreign to me now. I've decided to give up MOVIES & candies for Lent.
Let's see how this goes. Also, I'm gonna try to continue my Lenten Psalm memorization.
I've thought about fasting today since it's special, but boy does my tummy grumble.
According to this little boy, Jesus worked homework with him in heaven and was his teacher. Anyway, I guess I'd better do my Diff. Eq. homework too.